Thursday, September 19, 2013

Help Save a Life - Be the Match!



I personally registered with the National Marrow Donor Program shortly after the birth of my 3rd child.  There was a local drive hoping to find a match for a 3 year old girl in my community.  It wasn't anyone that I knew but I had an overwhelming desire to try to help this family.  I wasn't a match but I was placed on the national registry for future needs.  As a mother, I knew that if my child were suffering from cancer I would want someone to do the same if they could.  I encourage you to think about registering with the "be a match" program in an effort to help save lives.
  For more info please visit bethematch.org

For people with life-threatening blood cancers like leukemia and lymphoma or other diseases, a cure exists.  Be the Match connects patients with the donor match for a life-saving marrow or umbilical cord blood transplant.  

**I am in no way affilliated with this program.  I was not asked to write this blog post and did so purely on my own with only good intentions.

No comments:

Post a Comment