Monday, September 16, 2013

Cable TV - the good, the bad, and well you know... the bill!

We pay a pretty hefty cable bill every month and yet we still complain there is nothing on tv.  Recently, our contract expired and I noticed our billing increased by over $30.  I called the company and after much arguing and insisting to be transferred to someone who could give me a better deal I got my bill lowered (ironically even less than the expired promotional rate) and added more premium channels with no contract and no short term promo rate.

While the new programming does include Showtime and HBO, I must admit I have my tv settings adjusted to block anything over PG13 so basically all of those channels are of no interest to my family. However, our new line-up does include Insp and Up as well as MeTv.    I am so excited that we now have lots of inspirational & classic family friendly shows to choose from as well as the fact that we saved money.

I suggest that you check with your cable company and see if you can get a better deal.  If at first you don't succeed CALL BACK.  My first attempt got me nowhere.  I hung up and called back and stood my ground and it paid off.  LMK if it works for you :)


No comments:

Post a Comment