Friday, September 24, 2010


After the birth of my 3rd child, I registered with the National Bone Marrow Registry as part of an effort to find a match for a local 3 year old girl who was in desperate need of help. I wasn't a match for her and so far I have not been matched with anyone else but I am still in the system in case someone ever needs my help.
A 9/11 hero, Roy Chelsen, is in need of a match now. He is a firefighter who survived the terror of the attacks on the World Trade Center. Four years after his heroic acts, he was diagnosed with a cancer of the blood called multiple myeloma. Chemo put him into remission until 2008 which is when he learned he would need a bone marrow transplant for which he is still waiting.
Please take a moment to consider registering. You never know if, when, or who you might be able to help. It takes just a few minutes of your time and a sample of your blood to type. You can check out this link to find out more about how you too can help.

No comments:

Post a Comment