Saturday, July 31, 2010


When I tell people that I am a coupon shopper, they usually look at me like I'm crazy. I often hear, well I don't waste my time clipping coupons because it isn't worth it. I also hear that you can only get "junk" with coupons. Well check my recent Kroger's shopping trip....What's in my buggies?
32-ct DBL roll of Charmin, 7 Fusion ProGlide Razors, 7 Old Spice Body Washes, 7 assorted deoderants, 2 Covergirl eyeshadows and mascaras, Tide HE 64 load box, 1 Dole bagged salad,
5# Clementines, 2 x ChipsAhoy cookies, 2 doz. donuts, 2 pks of granola bars, 9 individual pks of peanuts, 1 box of toaster struddle, 2.5# peaches, 18-ct eggs, 7 lrg. cereal boxes, 2 x OreIda fries, 4.5# pork tenderloin (sliced free), 10 x Smart Choice frozen entrees,4 RibEye steaks, 3 lb. Tyson Chicken tenderloins, 4 pks of Kraft cheese slices, 1 pk of Kraft cheese shredded, 2.5# green grapes, 2.5# red grapes, 2.5 # peaches, 1#blueberries, 1# strawberries, 2.7# bananas, broccoli, and cauliflower.

Maybe not my best shopping trip but I still save $161.11 in coupons!


Total Cost for all of this = $156.53 but since I have not been shopping in at least 3 weeks, I feel I did alright. Other than the 2 pks of cookies and 2 doz. donuts, everything is either a healthy item or a necessary household/hba item. So Junk? I think not. Waste of time? Definitely not.


I still need to buy milk...but another local grocery store gives you a milk ticket every time you purchase a gallong and I have enough to get some milk FREE. So I'll be getting my milk for FREE this week.








No comments:

Post a Comment